Tuesday 13 January 2009

And now I'm back at School!


Looks as though I have an interesting semester ahead of me. I'm taking Etymology and Philology, Roman Civilization, Human Impact on Ancient Environments, and an independent study on the History of the English Language. It all sounds as though it's going to be brilliant, and I'm sure it will be -- as long as I can stay ahead of the game (which I plan to).


Christmas break has left me revitalized and ready to tackle what comes my way. While at home, I was able to get a good majority of my grad school apps finished (just two left to go!) and enjoyed being able to kick back and relax in general. Granted, it wasn't always fun (I did get a bit cross at times), but I loved being back with my family. We're such a crazy bunch and even though we can drive each other a little nuts, it's nice to be back with people who don't mind if you're act a little crazy. It is really weird how things have changed since we've grown up. And yet, they haven't. This Christmas time was particularly awkward because of the recurring discussions about marriage and boys. When you live in a family of four women and only one man (my father), the subject's bound to come up. But this Christmas it seemed to be more of a discussion than usual. And yet not much has changed. Angela's still the ridiculously outgoing one (she went down to Tennessee on New Year's Eve and had a date the next day.. the next day! How does she get guys to ask her out like that? I just don't know) while Sarah and I remain the dateless. Angela's always been the only one to have dated and had boyfriends. She's just more outgoing, I suppose. I'm more wary, personally (I think that I have too much time to think it through and analyze what could happen). But like I said, it's a bit strange that the subject came up so much. I guess it's just showing that we're all growing up (creepy!).

Alright. Onto other subject matter. Today was a good day and I got alot accomplished. I've been having a few problems with dry eyes recently. Today, I went outside and the cold dry wind kept blowing into my eyes and making them water. During class, my eyes actually started to hurt from being dry. Maybe I need to look into getting some eyedrops or something. Anyways, I attended my first day of classes today and it all looks very promising. The strange thing about my classes this semester is that they are all in the afternoons. I've never had them in the afternoons before, so it will be interesting to see how I handle the difference in scheduling my time. That's pretty much it for now. I might write more tomorrow. Hope all goes well for all of you 'til then!





-- Amy

No comments: