Saturday 24 January 2009

I am thankful that I am not very queazy at the sight of blood or vomit. Today reminded me of that fact. Some of my residents sent me an e-mail today, letting me know that someone had gotten sick in their suite bathroom again. I went there and thought that I could just shut down the toilet area. Then I saw the sink. And the door. And I had to shut down the entire bathroom. I asked everyone on that floor if they knew who could have done it, but everyone said that they didn't know. It's a bit frustrating. Not only because I really need to know who keeps getting so drunk that they keep vomiting all over, but I'm also quite concerned about their health! I mean, there was definitely blood in that vomit, which is not a good sign. I tried to disinfect the area as best as I could, but the poor housekeeper is going to have to be the one to clean up again. She really shouldn't have to do that.

So that was the low point of my day.

The high point was this evening. Sam, Beth, and I got together and cooked dinner again. Beth cut up the veggies and made us Greek Salad while Sam cooked the couscous and chicken nuggets and I washed up dishes. It was delicious. Then we went upstairs and watched the Miss America Pageant. I was a bit cynical and displeased with it all, as were the other two, but I did like the fact that all of them looked like they were actually healthy and not anorexic like some previous pageants. I kind of have problems with beauty pageants. Maybe it's because I have bad memories of beauty pageants in Alabama when I was little that I would get all excited about, only to be disappointed. It was fun to dress up, but not to be judged. It was nice, though, to watch it with my friends and discuss our thoughts on beauty and what it means to be beautiful.

That was my day.

-- Amy

No comments: