Wednesday 14 January 2009

So, two days ago, I bought a jar of applesauce. I figured that it would be nice to have for breakfast and was really looking forward to opening it yesterday. So, yesterday morning, I set up some water for boiling and proceded to try to open the applesauce jar. It wouldn't open! I tried at various times for two hours to no avail. This morning is now the second morning of my disappointment. Either I'm really weak, or my hands are not coarse enough to adequately grip the lid. Just a random story.

In other news, I have recently discovered that I might actually prefer reading to watching television! This is a revelation. The reason why I say this is that I am a tv-freak. Seriously, I get sucked into television. WhenI was little, my mom would find me glued to the tv (don't worry, I got tons of playing time in as well. I just love the stories and plots, etc. Even now, when a telivision is on, no matter what is on it, I tend to zone in on it and get a sort of dazed look. Frightening, isn't it? So recently, I've been trying to cut back on my television watching. Instead, I've been reading books, such as C.S. Lewis' That Hideous Strength. And I find that I love it! I actually don't feel as much need to watch stuff throughout the day and feel more accomplished afterwards! It's a lovely feeling. Now if I can just stay that way.

No comments: