Wednesday 14 January 2009

Today's Quote: "English is a beast." -- Dr. Resinski

Today has been fantastic. I went to my first Etymology and Philology class, which I'm very excited about. Also finished reading "That Hideous Strength" by C.S. Lewis, and have therefore finished reading the Space Trilogy. Excellent. Also finally opened up that jar of applesauce. I also finally received my long lost birthday card from my 20th birthday.

~*Story Time*~

In 2007, I came down for my birthday, since I was going to be studying in England that year. My friends here at Hendrix showed me an excellent time and I don't think I've ever had a better birthday party or have been more touched. At the birthday party, they presented me with a construction paper birthday card, which they had all signed. I loved it. The next day, I took a couple trips to get everything into my car and drove off. It was hot that day, so I had both windows rolled down a bit in hopes of cooling off. On interstate 412 (a toll road), some papers blew around in the back seat suddenly, and I thought that my birthday card flew out of the window. I pulled over at the next stop and cried, lamenting my loss. I really liked that card because it had all the well-wishes from my friends. However, it was getting late, and I still had a couple more hours to go, so with a heavy heart, I continued on my way. A month or so later, Lacey informed me that one of her residents had found it on top of her car and had given it to Lacey. Apparently, when I was putting things into my car, I had set it ontop of the car next to mine and had forgotten about it being up there. Having thought that my card was forever lost on the side of the road, I was so happy to hear that news. When I came back to Hendrix before Christmas, Brigid and Grace were supposed to give it to me, but they had lost it in their room. So, finally, the card was put back in my posession. It's just so cool when God restores something to you, which you thought was lost.

And that's pretty much it for today.

No comments: