Saturday 24 January 2009

Wednesday -- Broke two of my nice dishes while washing them in the sink. One of them, (my ceramic bowl) is really awkwardly shaped and difficult to hold, so when it was in the water, it was even more so. So, I fumbed with it just a bit in the sink and suddenly realized that it had landed on an broken my special crystal stemless wineglass that I had bought for my birthday. Also, the bowl itself had a nasty crack and you could hear the ceramic moving around. So, I had to throw both of them out. It was a little sad, because they both were pretty much the best dishes I have here (excepting my teaset), but I was fine with it, even though it made the day a little sadder. Luckily, though, that evening I got a brilliant e-mail from Hugh which had lots of fantastic youtube videos. So that made the day wonderful again. (Thanks!)

Thursday -- Went to class, went to Target and got a pair of nice new bowls which are microwave safe and easy to hold. Then resumed work on my Oxford application. I had revised my work samples and personal statement the night before, and was awaiting my sister Sarah to look over them for me. In the meantime, I made the mistake of going on Petfinder.com. And I saw this cute dog named Bandit. Half Border Collie, Half Corgi. How much more wonderful could you get!? Just look at the photos! Anyways, as I said, it's a mistake whenever I go on there, because I inevitably find a pet I would like, but I can't get one right now. I mean, I'm not sure where I"m going to be next year and I might even be in a different country. So, sorry Bandit, hopefully you'll have a better home.

Friday -- finished revisions and submitted my application at 2am (8am Oxford Time)!!! Was really happy about that, so went to bed, slept in, had oatmeal for breakfast. Also, finally received all of my books needed for my History of English Language class! Huzzah! Finished off the day by having a lovely albeit rushed dinner with my friends Sam and Beth. We baked up some whole grain bread and had some whole grain pasta w/ sauce. Delicious! Watched the episodes of Monk and Psych while eating some cookie dough for desert.

And that's it for now! I pretty much just got up, so I'm going to get ready and go to Lunch!

-- Amy

No comments: