Friday 19 December 2008

I'm back home!

Drove my little '93 ford festiva (looks like this one) 7-hours home yesterday... in fog. Yes. Fog the entire way. Didn't bother me too much, but just made the trip a bit bleak. Actually made it a little earlier than expected, which was nice. Got home, took a short nap, and tried to figure out dinner plans. Only had two pop-tarts for lunch and breakfast, so was really hungry when I got home. Sarah called Mom and Angela, but they said that they were going to get pizza to us two hours later, which I just didn't think would fly. So I jumped out of bed, went downstairs and waited by the door with my keys, insisting that we go ahead and get dinner right then (I was . We ended up going with Dad to a restaurant in a little town down the road, which was nice, and had a good amount of substantial food. Mom and Angela met us there after they did their work-out in Hutch.
Everyone seems to be doing well -- Dad's been busy and stressed about getting the grades in for his students, Mom and Angela both have their last days of school today (and Angela's leaving this afternoon for Florida), and Sarah's been staying at home, relaxing. We're currently living in the front part of the house now, seeing as the sunroom and kitchen are getting new flooring put in. Looks like the new floors will be fantastic -- very exciting.
It was really nice to come home, get to bed and get to sleep in for a good amount of time. I really needed it. It's also nice to have pets. And snow. I'll see if I can get some photos put up here sometime. Then again, I have photos on my facebook. We'll just see. Took my car into the shop today to get things repaired, so hopefully La Tortue will be a happy little car. Am hoping to get some things cleaned up today and read some books that I'm interested in. We'll see how it goes!

-- Amy

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Sweet....let me say Happy Christmas to you!!!

Love from Hugh