Monday 15 December 2008

It is nasty weather outside, but I'm done!!!! D-O-N-E -- done! Finally finished my UPenn Grad School application and am free from all things due (at least until next semester). It feels great. I can clean up my room again and relax and knit and spend more time with friends, sleep in, etc. It's fantastic. It's brilliant. It's wonderful. Whatever you want to call it.
~~~
I saw my friend Lauren today, who has been studying in England this past semester (and is going into the Oxford program next semester). It was fantastic to catch up with her. Also, I got to have tea with her which was wonderful. She came over and I got out my teacups, saucers, little carton of milk, couple of tea bags, sugar packets; warmed up the tea in my electric kettle, had little biscuits, and everything! It was nice to finally have an official tea with someone.
~~~
It has been sleeting outside since this morning and the world is white. Not nice soft happy, snow, though. Icy snow. Snow that you step on and it crunches. Wanted to take some pictures of it while on one of my rounds for the night, but the batteries in my camera decided that they were dead for sure. Luckily, I ran into Rachel DeCuir who had her camera out and was taking pictures, so she took some of me and we played in the snow. It's so nice to have people who are willing to just play in the icy snow and shine a happy light on the situation.
~~~
Have to take my car in to the mechanic tomorrow to get the oil changed. Am also hoping to get the windschield fluid hose repaired as well. However, if this icy stuff continues, I'm not sure whether I'll make it there or not. We'll just see what the morning brings... we'll also see if I can go to bed at midnight again after staying up 'til around 2 around three nights in a row....
-- Amy

No comments: