Saturday 7 February 2009

Well, not too much has been going on this week -- it has simply been a good week in general. I've gotten work done, hung out with friends, and have talked with my family plenty. I do wish that I could go home this weekend, but that's just a silly impulse. Tomorrow's the 20 year anniversary for our church which we have attended for 10 years, and I'd like to go. But a 14-hour round-trip drive is just not very practical on the weekends. It's just a bit strange, having lived in England last year. Then, there wouldn't have been the slightest possibility of going home on the weekend at all, I couldn't even go home on the bank holiday weekends. Yet here, home is only a 7-hour drive away. I keep thinking "I could go! I have a car! I can drive there! It's not like I have to hop on a plane for 10 hours!" Yet I know that I shouldn't. I don't quite know what gets me in these moods. :-)



In other news: I tried out a new hairstyle yesterday and got 4 unsolicited comments! That made me a little happy, as vain as it sounds. Also, today has been absolutely beautiful! We had sunny skies and the temperature was around 60. Was able to go around without my coat on, which was fantastic. Because the weather was so nice, I opened up my windows for a bit and did a little bit of knitting. However, I had to close them after awhile, because it became cloudy and colder, and the music from Martin was disturbing me. But praise God for beautiful days! I loved it!

-- Amy

No comments: