Monday 9 February 2009

It's a warm and rainy today, so I've opened up my windows to let the air and sound of rain in. Nobody's blasting their music today, so I get to simply enjoy the sound of the rain.

Am thinking that I'll have to pull my application for University of Edinburgh... They're asking for a Degree Certificate (which I don't have yet) and a full-fledged research proposal (which I definitely don't have yet). I hate to put all my hope of returning to the UK on one grad school, but I talked with Dr. Resinski and she agreed that that would probably be best. "Their starting ramp is just not matching up with your starting ramp" as she said. Luckily, Edinburgh didn't ask for any application fees, so withdrawing my application wouldn't take away money.

Read the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew today and got thinking about the passage where Jesus says that if your right eye causes you to sin, you should gouge it out. Of course, I think that he's using it as an analogy (yes?). It got me thinking about my DVD collection and television watching. Is this a source that I should cut off? We'll see.

Have been playing the computer in games of chess alot recently and have been very happy that I've been dominating. However, the computer has made idiotic plays, so I guess I shouldn't be too happy about it.

Tomorrow is Pay Day! Is it sad that I'm far more excited about this than the 14th? I have to be on duty this weekend and am thinking of getting a group of my single lady friends together with some cookie dough to watch a couple of "chick flicks" this Saturday. I think that would be lovely. (starts humming "Wouldn't It be Loverly?" from My Fair Lady)

-- Amy

No comments: