Monday 2 February 2009



I had a really good weekend. Hendrix Winter Formal was on Saturday evening. At first, I was a bit unsure about going. I like getting to dress up and go out with friends, but was concerned that I wouldn't feel comfortable dancing there (I'm a bit picky about where I dance and to what music. Silly, I know) and that I'd be a bad participant in a group. Luckily, it didn't turn out that way at all.
I dressed up in my yellow sundress which I bought in England last year, putting a nice light dress-up shirt underneath and borrowed a light blue ribbon from my friend Beth. I went to Brigid, McCaul and Aaron's house at around 5:30 to get my make-up done. Jordan was really nice and offered to let me use some of hers, but I ended up buying my own foundation, lipstick and eye shadow (I don't really own makeup. I'm pretty sure I left what I do own at home. And that stuff's probably around 6 years old.). So I got some new make-up, borrowed a little eyeshadow from Jordan, and had Brigid put my hair back and it all ended up rather well! (Pictures will be put up on Facebook).
I left their house to pick up Beth at around 7:15. Sam would have joined us if she could, but she was down in Memphis visiting her boyfriend this weekend (it's the weekend before his birthday and he didn't want to come up for formal.). So we went in to Little Rock and met up with Lacey and Melody for some dinner at the Sushi Cafe...


It was as delicious as it looks. I ate myself full and then we headed on to try to find the Convention Center. That was definitely an adventure. SOCO hadn't given out very good directions and we ended driving down a road which the center wasn't even on. Thoroughly lost, I pulled over into a spot on a side road and called my mom. She was able to give us a better address and read us the directions from the Convention Center's website. We found it then without any trouble, and were really happy about it.
We then made it into Formal at around 9:30. I did end up dancing a little bit, but the best part was getting to see friends and fellow classmates in their beautiful dresses and suits. Beth and I agreed that around 11:00 it was time to head back to Conway, since Beth had to do liturgy at her church the following morning. But I had a great time -- much better than expected -- and was really pleased with the night in general.

Watched the Superbowl last night and was happy that the Steelers won. I didn't particularly care for any group (I enjoy college football more), but rooted for the Steelers since my pastor at home is a fan. I also went to see the SoBe LifeWater 3D commercial. I had picked up the special 3D glasses at the grocery store last week ('Chuck' is going to be in 3D tonight, which is why I got them). It was amazing. You could watch it without the glasses as well without any trouble, but when you put the glasses on, it turned into 3D. I liked it and am looking forward to watching 'Chuck' in 3D tonight. Woohoo!
-- Amy

No comments: