Thursday 20 November 2008

Introduction

I have been inspired to take up blogging again. I have been told many times that I often give too much information and lack clarity in my writing. I then saw Hugh's nice blog and was inspired to try my hand at it again. In the past, I have tended to write far too much and therefore it took much more time than needed. I view the world around me in a bit of a running dialogue in my mind and therefore find it difficult to narrow down and clarify things. But not with this. This will be my experimental blog. Maybe if I write little bits and pieces day by day, I won't feel this strong need to spill everything out when people ask.
So welcome to my new blog, everyone! Don't worry -- I'll still send out e-mails to all of you. This is just for in the mean time.

Today's News:
I won a Carnival Cruise for two to the Bahamas! Nice, eh? I could use it for myself, but I don't really know of anyone to take with me. So, I'm thinking I'll give it to my parents.
I won it in a raffle. In order to get the prize, I had to attend the event "Does HIV look like me?" -- an educational event about HIV. It was really well presented and the speaker was fantastic, but went on a bit longer than I expected. I missed The Office and 30 Rock tonight because of it, but it was worth it. Now I know alot more about HIV and AIDS and have two tickets for a cruise!

Now if I could just get some sleep... :-)

-- Amy

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Wow...that's amazing!!!! Nice blog, it looks great too!!!